Why can sharing our faith feel so awkward? Oftentimes we wonder how to get started, and what to say. How Jesus engaged with Nicodemus in conversation has some answers for us.
Inviting people into spiritual conversations requires embracing the reality that you are born of the Spirit. To move beyond the awkwardness of actually engaging others spiritually, embrace this reality.
When you invite people into spiritual conversations, you are recognizing that they need to be born of God’s Spirit too!
- I do. You watch. We talk.
- I do. You help. We talk.
- You do. I help. We talk.
- You do. I watch. We talk.
- You do. Someone else watches.
- I be. You watch. We talk.
- I be. You be. We talk.
- I do out of my being. You watch. We talk. 4. You do out of your being. I watch. We talk. 5. You be. Someone else watches.
Four Types of Spiritual Conversations
- Your Story
5 Goals of Discipleship
- Reconnect to the source of life
- Reconnect through authentic healthy relationship
- Experience total grace, acceptance, and forgiveness
- Experience and learn the value of obedience to God
- Give control to God for the rest of life